Re: who is using radosgw with civetweb?

On 25-02-15 20:31, Sage Weil wrote:
Hey,

We are considering switching to civetweb (the embedded/standalone rgw web
server) as the primary supported RGW frontend instead of the current
apache + mod-fastcgi or mod-proxy-fcgi approach.  "Supported" here means
both the primary platform the upstream development focuses on and what the
downstream Red Hat product will officially support.

How many people are using RGW standalone using the embedded civetweb
server instead of apache?  In production?  At what scale?  What
version(s) (civetweb first appeared in firefly and we've backported most
fixes).

Have you seen any problems?  Any other feedback?  The hope is to (vastly)
simplify deployment.

It seems like Civetweb listens on 0.0.0.0 by default and that doesn't seem safe to me.

In most deployments you'll put Apache, Nginx or Varnish in front of RGW to do the proper HTTP handling.

I'd say that Civetweb should listen on 127.0.0.1:7480/[::1]:7480 by default.

And make sure it listens on IPv6 by default :-)

Wido

Thanks!
sage