Re: [ceph-calamari] disk failure prediction

On 18/02/2015 23:20, Sage Weil wrote:
We wouldn't see
quite the same results since our "raid sets" are effectively entire pools
I think we could do better than pool-wide, e.g. if multiple drives in one chassis are at risk (where PG stores at most one copy per chassis), we can identify that as less severe than the general case where multiple at-risk drives might be in the same PG. Making it CRUSH-aware like this would be a good hook for users to take advantage of the ceph/calamari SMART monitoring rather than rolling their own.

John