Re: FAILED assert(peer_missing.count(fromshard))

On 16/01/2015 19:10, Samuel Just wrote:
> 1) The part where you add the operator<< and change the debug output looks good.
> 2) The other part looks like it should be an assert?  Or it should
> complain to the central log so that it causes the test to fail at
> least?

Yes.

I'd rather have it report to central log for now instead of asserting. If it asserts it will be impossible to know if it is the source of the problem or not. If it does not assert and the problem does not show up anymore, it will mean that the origin of this specific problem is that we have a bad peer in the ok peers. If it asserts, it may mean that sometime a bad peer is among the good peers but not necessarily that this is the source of the problem. If it does not assert and the problem persist it will mean that we have two problems : a bad peer in good peers and the peer_missing assert, as separate issues.

Does that make sense ?

> 1 and 2 should be separate commits.

Ok.

--