Re: experimental features

On Sun, 7 Dec 2014, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Mark Nelson <mark.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm in favor of the "allow experimental features" but instead call it:
> >
> > "ALLOW UNRECOVERABLE DATA CORRUPTING FEATURES" which makes things a little
> > more explicit. With great power comes great responsibility.
>
> +1.
>
> For Subversion, we utilize SVN_I_LOVE_CORRUPTED_XXX for a few options
> that can cause data corruption.  -- justin

Thanks, I think we should go for this one.

1. a generic option

 enable unrecoverable data corrupting features = foo bar baz

2. rename keyvaluestore-dev to keyvaluestore (and require
'osd-objectstore-keyvaluestore' it be listed above).

3. include 'ms-type-async', 'filestore-zfs-snap' as experimental.  And
whatever else we want to flag...

sage