Re: [ceph-users] experimental features

On Mon, 08 Dec 2014 08:33:25 -0600 Mark Nelson wrote:

> I've been thinking for a while that we need another more general command
> than Ceph health to more generally inform you about your cluster.  IE I
> personally don't like having min/max PG warnings in Ceph health (they
> can be independently controlled by ceph.conf options but that kind of
> approach won't scale). I'd like another command that I can run that
> tells me about this kind of thing.  Same thing with experimental
> features.  I don't want ceph health warning me if they've been enabled,
> but I do want to know if they've ever been enabled, when, and whether
> they are still in effect.

Very much agreed.

Expanding on this, setting a cluster to no-scrub will result in a warning
(very arguably) and while a slow request after 30 seconds is WRN worthy,
after something like a minute it ought to be ERR level as this is likely
to have massive impact on clients.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/