Re: civetweb threads

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Mustafa Muhammad
<mustafaa.alhamdaani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Yehuda Sadeh <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 3:55 AM, Mustafa Muhammad
>> <mustafaa.alhamdaani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I found the problem, it is hardcoded here:
>>> https://github.com/ceph/civetweb/blob/master/src/civetweb.c
>>> as:
>>> #define MAX_WORKER_THREADS 1024
>>>
>>> I increased it to 20480 an compiled from source, problem solved.
>>> I should we make a patch, right?
>>
>> Please do, preferably a github pull request. Also, if you could open a
>> ceph tracker issue with the specific would be great.
>
> I wanted to do create a github pull request with this value set to
> 20480, but thought I should ask if you want it to be hardcoded, I
> understood that 'rgw_thread_pool_size' maps to 'num_op_thread' in
> civetweb, is there a hardcoded max for rgw_thread_pool_size so I can
> set the same for MAX_WORKER_THREADS? What do you suggest?

I don't think there's a hard coded max for the rgw thread pool size. A
configurable setting would be nicer, but I'm not really tied into it,
depending on what are the ramifications. Whichever route you're taking
it'd be nice to get it upstream to civetweb, so it needs to make sense
in that context.

Yehuda