Re: Weekly performance meeting

On 09/26/2014 10:37 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, Milosz Tanski wrote:
One challenge is timezones: there are developers in the US, China, Europe,
and Israel who may want to join.  As a starting point, how about next
Wednesday, 15:00 UTC?  If I didn't do my tz math wrong, that's

   8:00 (PDT, California)
  15:00 (UTC)
  18:00 (IDT, Israel)
  23:00 (CST, China)

I'd love to participate and contributed to the discussion and solution
but due to my obligations it's hard to commit to a weekly time so it's
my hope that a lot of this is done on the mailing list.

I agree.  One thing that has quickly become clear is that there are a
*lot* of areas to address and we can't possibly discuss them all in any
detail in a single meeting.  I think the key will be to break things down
into specific areas of investigation that can be discussed in detail
on-list, and to use the meeting to coordinate activities, share latest
results, and so forth.

That sounds like a great plan to me. There's a *ton* of work to do and more than enough to go around! I'm really excited by the response we've gotten. Not sure if google hangouts will be able to accommodate the number of people!

sage