Re: Signed-off-by and aliases

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your input !

I don't think koleosfuscus will have an issue using its real name. However, I know of at least one other instance where finding a way to handle aliases would allow contributors to participate in the Ceph project. OVH is a large hosting company employing a number of developers and management explicitly forbids participation in Free Software projects. The primary reason being that they could be contacted by companies looking for talents. If their contributions were clustered under the OVH <libre@xxxxxxx> alias, they may have permission to publish their code. Legally speaking it is not even an alias since OVH indeed is the copyright holder. I guess the same applies in the context OpenStack.

What do you think ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre