Re: XioMessenger (RDMA) Status Update

Hi Greg,

1. there isn't support for for mark_down() yet (!), but we're working
on it.  I've had good discussions with the Accelio team regarding exposing
explicit channel and flow control interfaces, which round out that topic
as we were exploring it.

2. the big changes in this push are major cleanups and bug fixes, plus
much wider integration with the user space code.  my #1 action item from
our last convo was to first extend Xio coverage everywhere, and in particular,
add support for intra-cluster messaging over Xio.

2.1 on the cleanups and bugs front, starting with biggest, I finished support
for peer identification, using a small api change to Accelio (it's now on the
official Accelio for_next branch).  a Connection refcnt underrun is fixed.  then
I added a mechanism to bypass Accelio for intra-server messages, using a special
singleton connection.  I cleaned up, but didn't deepen, feature support, as a
temporary measure.  There's lot's of cleanup and various fixes in ceph_osd, too.

2.2 then, I did first cut integration with the MDS, and while at it, the Client
module as well.  I've only started verifying, but so far it looks like the
intra-cluster messaging paths work, and a client workload may work--more fixes
likely forthcoming.

I have a plan to get at least the starter policy interfaces like mark_down and
mark_down_all shorty.

Matt

--
Matt Benjamin