Re: contraining crush placement possibilities

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If anyone has some clear intuition here, would love to hear it.  If there
> is anything we can do to improve things we definitely want to do it!

The thing is, if you constrain the number of OSD combinations, it just
amplifies the damage in case you do lose all replicas of a PG. So the
total expected data loss per year should stay the same, though the
probability of an incident decreases.
Cheers, Dan

-- Dan van der Ster || Data & Storage Services || CERN IT Department --