CDS blueprint: strong auth for cephfs

Hi all,
This mail is just to let you know that we've prepared a draft
blueprint related to adding strong(er) authn/authz to cephfs:

http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/02Blueprints/Firefly/Strong_AuthN_and_AuthZ_for_CephFS

The main goal of the idea is that we'd like to be able to use CephFS
from untrusted clients:
  - the CephX key gives full rw access to pools (e.g. data/metadata)
via rados; we cannot distribute this key to untrusted hosts.
  - root on untrusted clients can forge their uid/gid and rm -rf /cephfs/*.

In the doc we've proposed one way to add authn/authz to the ceph
server side, but perhaps there is a simpler (more feasible in the
short term) solution which would enable us to allow untrusted cephfs
clients.

Best Regards,
Arne & Andreas & Andrea & Dan
CERN IT