HSM

The latest Lustre just added HSM support:

	http://archive.hpcwire.com/hpcwire/2013-11-06/lustre_scores_business_class_upgrade_with_hsm.html

Here is a slide deck with some high-level detail:

	https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/secure/attachment/13185/Lustre_HSM_Design.pdf

Is anyone familiar with the interfaces and requirements of the file system
itself?  I don't know much about how these systems are implemented, but I
would guess there are relatively lightweight requirements on the fs (ceph
mds in our case) to keep track of file state (online or archived
elsewhere).  And some hooks to trigger migrations?

If anyone is interested in this area, I would be happy to help figure out
how to integrate things cleanly!

sage