RE: writing a ceph cliente for MS windows

> Good day developers!
>
> I would like to propose to the one interested  work with me to develop a
> ceph cliente for MS windows world, Basing us on dokanFS.

I've looked at porting the rbd client to windows a little while back. That would require a kernel driver and all the rbd stuff is C++ (windows kernel is strictly C) so it was looking like a lot of work. Porting the rbd kernel implementation from Linux would have been easier.

An alternative would be to write a fuse-like kernel driver that talks to a userspace implementation of librbd. That would have been slower though, and have some restrictions like no swap space and no booting (although booting would have been a hard problem to solve even with a kernel-only implementation...)

Good luck!

James