Re: PGBackend: Multiple PG implementations.

Hi Lluís,

David Zafman and Samuel Just are working to re-architecture the core of Ceph so that and ErasureCodedBackend can be implemented. You can browse their commits to see what they are up to. The transcript of the last CDS summit will also give you a general view of the direction in which it is heading :

http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/CDS/Emperor/Transcript_:_Erasure_coded_storage_backend_%28step_2%29

and a more recent interview of Samuel Just will give you a short update :

http://dachary.org/?p=2320

I'm not the best qualified to comment on the generic part of your patches, but I think it overlaps with the work being done.

Cheers