Re: Jerasure 1.2A plugin for Ceph

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Loic Dachary wrote:
> [cc'ing the devel mailing list]
>
> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for the positive feedback :-) I found the API fairly
> straightforward and I don't see what could be improved. However, I've
> learnt about erasure code and designed the Ceph plugin abstract API
> mostly by studying jerasure. I'm probably biased : let hear what others
> have to suggest.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 11/09/2013 17:04, James Plank wrote:
> > Hi Loic -- I took a scan, and it looks like a nice usage of the
> > library.  Here's a question -- for the next revision of jerasure, are
> > there any functionalities that you would like to see, that would make
> > your life as a developer easier?  Thanks!  Jim ----------

Hi James-

Late to this discussion, and this may have already been covered, but:
there is a bunch of Intel-optimized code floating around for various
erasure codes.  I would love to see this incorporated into jerasure (with
automatic arch and CPU feature detection) so that users can transparently
take advantage of it.

sage