Re: ocfs2 for OSDs?

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Ugis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder is ocfs2 suitable for hosting OSD data?
> In ceph documentation only XFS, ext4 and btrfs are discussed, but
> looking at ocfs2 feature list it theoretically also could host OSDs:
>
> Some of the notable features of the file system are:
> Optimized Allocations (extents, reservations, sparse, unwritten
> extents, punch holes)
> REFLINKs (inode-based writeable snapshots)

This is the one item on this list I see that the ceph-osds could take real
advantage of; it would make object clones triggered by things like RBD
snapshots faster.  What is missing from this list that would be similarly
(or more) useful is a volume/fs snapshot feature.

Of course, ocfs2 only makes sense when run in a single-node mode
underneath ceph-osds.

sage