Re: [ceph-users] CephFS test-case

One way might be to have a nag system, with a global flag that can
turn nags off at the cluster level (for production deployments), but
the nags are added to the cluster-state messages on a regular basis to
remind operators that there is something to investigate.

Having an indexed list of nags would allow them to be turned off individually.

ceph --nagoff 1

List of example of nags:

1: There are too few placement groups (PGs) for the number of nodes
and OSDs, adjust with: ceph osd pool set data pg_num XXX and: ceph osd
pool set data pgp_num XXX

2: There are too few MONs deployment for the number of nodes

3: An even number of MONs are configured, consider removing or adding
one for better efficiency

4: Journal size is too small for the write traffic, consider increasing to ...

14: /sys/block/.../queue/nr_requests is too low, adjust higher with:
echo 512 > /sys/block/sdb/queue/nr_requests, observe with iostat -x
/dev/sdX

15: Target Transaction size is too small for this CPU, adjust higher
with ceph osd set_target_transaction_size = 50

99: I am nagging too much aren't I...

...etc...

ceph -nagon 3

Nag me about #3 as a reminder.

Definition of "nag"
v. nagged, nag·ging, nags
v.tr.
1. To annoy by constant scolding, complaining, or urging.
2. To torment persistently, as with anxiety or pain.

This subsystem could be called ceph-wife, but I might get into trouble
for that suggestion.