RE: ocf script for ceph quorum check and fs

> I want to mount ceph fs (using fuse) but /etc/fstab treats it as a local
> filesystem and so tries to mount it before ceph is started, or indeed before
> the network is even up.
>
> Also, ceph tries to start before the network is up and fails because it can't
> bind to an address. I think this is because I'm using openvswitch which is
> starting later.
>
> Anyway, controlling it all via pacemaker seems like a much smarter thing to
> do as I can ensure that ceph doesn't start until the network is up (which it will
> be when pacemaker has quorum), and then the fs doesn't mount until ceph
> is started and the ceph cluster has quorum and maybe until an mds is
> running.
>
> So to do this I need ocf scripts for:
>
> . starting components of ceph, which appears to be provided by ceph-
> resource-agents.deb, but I haven't tested yet
> . checking ceph quorum - I guess I'd need to write a script for this like existing
> ping check
> . checking mds is available - maybe part of the mount script
> . mount using ceph-fuse. Existing fs scripts make assumptions about fs types
> and parameters and don't work
>
> Has anyone written a 'check_ceph_quorum' script? Or a fs mount script that
> is compatible with fuse? I don't want to re-invent any wheels!

I have written a ceph_check RA that sets a value in the CIB if the ceph cluster has quorum, and another to mount the fuse fs, although I think maybe it would be better to fix the bug in the existing pacemaker RA to allow mounting fuse properly.

Is anyone interested enough for me to clean it up a bit and post it?

James