Re: Erasure coding library API

On 05/07/2013 14:13, Atchley, Scott wrote:> Loic,

> Erasure codes take what ever you give them. You need to verify the chunk before using it. Perhaps storing the checksum in the metadata/context that describes the parity object?

Hi Scott,

Does that mean that if I give the chunks A + B + C to decode() and B is corrupted but A and C are ok it will return an incorrectly decoded content ? I'm curious to know the answer but I don't think it is an actual problem. A corrupted chunk would mean that the underlying file system corrupted the content of one of its file. I can't remember the last time I saw that happen ;-)

Cheers