Re: Comments on Ceph distributed parity implementation

Hi Paul,

thank you for your message

from my point, LRC focuses on the repairing problem. how to reconstruct destroyed node to maintain the same availability by the distributed system? in this context they can even go below 1x rate by introducing local parity on classical Reed Solomon blocks (but they pay a supplementary overhead). see excellent Alex Dimakis's papers for that. but, still from my point, the same relationship between redundancy and availability occurs (if you consider binomial model for your loses).

best
bp