RE: Comments on Ceph distributed parity implementation

Loic,

As Benoit points out, Mojette uses discrete geometry rather than algebra, so simple XOR is all that is needed.

Benoit,

Microsoft's paper states that their [12,2,2] LRC provides better availability than 3x replication with 1.33x efficiency. 1.5x is certainly a good number. I'm just pointing out that better efficiency can be had without losing availibity.

All the best,
Paul