Von: yehudasa@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:yehudasa@xxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Yehuda Sadeh
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Juni 2013 17:23
An: Jäger, Philipp
Cc: ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: radosgw- bind user to pool

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Jäger, Philipp <Philipp.Jaeger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have several projects, which needs to save data to a rados object store via radosgw.
>
> Is it possible to bind a rgw user to a specific pool?

No, not at the moment. You can pre-create buckets for the users while controlling the bucket placement settings, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

> Perhaps it is also possible to bind a whole rgw to a specific pool? We have set up 2 rgws, but when I add a certain pool in rgw1, it's synchronized in the other one/ rgw2 . It's the same with the user database. So is it possible to separate it? We thought about 1RGW per project, but because of the sync, it's not possible I think?

Currently, the only way to do it right now is to create separate zones and point each gateway at a different zone. However, you'll have to create a completely separate set of users, and I'm having trouble recommending actually doing that as it contradicts the direction we're going (different regions that share users). We can make the list of available pools configurable, so that you could control it on a per-gateway basis. That's a pretty straight forward change. I opened issue #5344 for that.

> When you add more than one pool to the radosgw, in which pool will data be written? Is it random?

It's being selected randomly from the available data pools.

Yehuda