Re: [ceph-users] mon IO usage

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> So, AFAICT, the bulk of the write would be writing out the pgmap to
> disk every second or so.

It should be writing out the full map only every N commits... see 'paxos
stash full interval', which defaults to 25.

> Is it really needed to write it in full ? It doesn't change all that
> much AFAICT, so writing incremental changes with only periodic flush
> might be a better option ?

Right.  It works this way now only because we haven't fully transitioned
from the old scheme.  The next step is to store the PGMap over lots of
leveldb keys (one per pg) so that there is no big encode/decode of the
entire PGMap structure...

sage