Re: [ceph-users] mon IO usage

Sylvain,

I can confirm I see a similar traffic pattern.

Any time I have lots of writes going to my cluster (like heavy writes from RBD or remapping/backfilling after losing an OSD), I see all sorts of monitor issues.

If my monitor leveldb store.db directories grow past some unknown point (maybe ~1GB or so), 'compact on trim' is insufficiently slow. The store.db grows faster than compact can trim the garbage. After that point, the only hope to rein in the store.db size is to stop the OSDs and get leveldb to compact without any ongoing writes.

I sent Sage and Joao a transaction dump of the growth yesterday. Sage looked, but the files are so large it is tough to get useful info.

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4895

I believe this issue has existed since 0.48.

- Mike