Enabling http proxy for ceph-deploy installation

My first post here.

I'm going to put together a pull request to force the ceph-deploy
bootstrap process to utilize the shell environment's http_proxy
variable, such that installations can occur smoothly behind a Web
proxy.  However, my python fu is terrible outside of a writing single
script, so I was hoping somebody might offer a suggestion for the
simplest way to accomplish this.

Right now, I'm looking at adding the following to the bootstrap script
(line 41):

BEFORE:

    ./virtualenv/bin/pip install -r requirements.txt -r requirements-dev.txt

AFTER:

    ./virtualenv/bin/pip install --proxy=${http_proxy#http://} -r
requirements.txt -r requirements-dev.txt

That would pull the env variable $http_proxy out and chop off the "http://";.

What is going to be more difficult is figuring how to get line 40 to
incorporate the proxy:

    ./virtualenv/bin/python setup.py develop

Will I have to edit all the pulls to use something like ururllib2, or
is there something simpler I can do?

Thanks for any suggestions!

--
\*..+.-