Re: Erasure encoding as a storage backend

On May 4, 2013, at 10:16 AM, Loic Dachary <loic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> it would be great to get feedback before the ceph summit to address the most prominent issues.

One thing that has been in the back of my mind is how this proposal is influenced (if at all) by a future that includes declustered per-file raid in CephFS. I realize that may be a distant future, but it seems as though there could be a lot of overlap for the (non-client driven) rebuild/recovery component of such an architecture.

-Noah