Ceph Developer Summit

Hi, everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that we have begun preparations for the first
Ceph Developer Summit. This summit is where planning for the upcoming
Dumpling release will happen, and attendance is open to all. It will be
virtual (IRC, etherpad, video conference), so you won't even have to
get on an airplane! We're targeting May 6.

Between now and then, we're gathering blueprints for new Ceph features!
A blueprint is a document that describes work someone intends to do,
usually reserved for larger features that require discussion. If
there's a feature you think Ceph should have, we encourage you to write
your thoughts and plans in a blueprint. Then make sure to attend the
summit to discuss its implementation with others in the Ceph community.

For more details, take a look at Patrick's blog post on ceph.com:

http://ceph.com/events/ceph-developer-summit/

Blueprints are currently being accepted at the Ceph wiki. On the front
page, at the bottom, there's a button to create a new one.

Oh! Yeah! There's a wiki now. It's kind of bare-bones at the moment, as
most wikis are when they first enter the world, but it anxiously awaits
your content. Log in with your OpenID credentials and pick a username
to get started. If you're having trouble, or have feedback, your words
are always welcome at community@xxxxxxxx.

http://wiki.ceph.com

Best,
Ross