Re: crush changes via cli

That's right. The "remove" versus "unlink" verbs make that pretty clear
to me, at least... Are you suggesting this be clarified in the docs, or
that the command set change? I think once we settle on the CLI, John can
make a pass through the crush docs and make sure these commands are
explained.

That makes sense if you know the internal representation of the
CRUSH  map; less so if you're thinking of it in terms from related fields like,
say, a filesystem. ;) I admit I don't have any better suggestions and
strong docs might be just fine, but the distinction is one that's very
visible to users *afterwards* but not beforehand. I'm imagining a lot of
crush maps with 5 unlinked parallel trees in our future.

I'm not saying it's better, but perhaps/possibly connect/disconnect?