Re: Crash and strange things on MDS

On Friday, March 8, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Kevin Decherf wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 11:12:17AM -0800, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Kevin Decherf <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxx)> wrote:
> > > You will find the archive here: <snip>
> > > The data is not anonymized. Interesting folders/files here are
> > > /user_309bbd38-3cff-468d-a465-dc17c260de0c/*
> >

> > Sorry for the delay, but I have retrieved this archive locally at
> > least so if you want to remove it from your webserver you can do so.
> > :) Also, I notice when I untar it that the file name includes
> > "filtered" — what filters did you run it through?
>

> Hi Gregory,
>
> Do you have any news about it?

I wrote a couple tools to do log analysis and created a number of bugs to make the MDS more amenable to analysis as a result of this.
Having spot-checked some of your longer-running requests, they're all getattrs or setattrs contending on files in what look to be shared cache and php libraries. These cover a range from ~40 milliseconds to ~150 milliseconds. I'd look into what your split applications are sharing across those spaces.

On the up side for Ceph, >80% of your requests take "0" milliseconds and ~95% of them take less than 2 milliseconds. Hurray, it's not ridiculously slow most of the time. :)
-Greg