crush reweight

Hi,

I have a crush map (may not be practical, but just for demo) applied
to a two-host cluster (each host has two OSDs) to test "ceph osd crush
reweight":

# begin crush map

# devices
device 0 sdc-host0
device 1 sdd-host0
device 2 sdc-host1
device 3 sdd-host1

# types
type 0 device
type 1 pool
type 2 root

# buckets
pool one {
        id -1
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item sdc-host0 weight 1.000
        item sdd-host0 weight 1.000
        item sdc-host1 weight 1.000
        item sdd-host1 weight 1.000
}

pool two {
        id -2
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item sdc-host0 weight 1.000
        item sdd-host0 weight 1.000
        item sdc-host1 weight 1.000
        item sdd-host1 weight 1.000
}

root root-for-one {
        id -3
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item one weight 4.000
        item two weight 4.000
}

root root-for-two {
        id -4
        alg straw
        hash 0  # rjenkins1
        item one weight 4.000
        item two weight 4.000
}

rule data {
        ruleset 0
        type replicated
        min_size 1
        max_size 4
        step take root-for-one
        step choose firstn 0 type pool
        step choose firstn 1 type device
        step emit
}

rule metadata {
        ruleset 1
        type replicated
        min_size 1
        max_size 4
        step take root-for-one
        step choose firstn 0 type pool
        step choose firstn 1 type device
        step emit
}

rule rbd {
        ruleset 2
        type replicated
        min_size 1
        max_size 4
        step take root-for-two
        step choose firstn 0 type pool
        step choose firstn 1 type device
        step emit
}

After crush map applied, the osd tree looks as:

# id    weight  type name       up/down reweight
-4      8       root root-for-two
-1      4               pool one
0       1                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1
-2      4               pool two
0       1                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1
-3      8       root root-for-one
-1      4               pool one
0       1                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1
-2      4               pool two
0       1                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1

Then, I reweight osd.0 (device sdc-host0) in crush map to 5 through:

 ceph osd crush reweight sdc-host0 5

I found the osd tree with the weight changes:

# id    weight  type name       up/down reweight
-4      8       root root-for-two
-1      4               pool one
0       5                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1
-2      4               pool two
0       1                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1
-3      12      root root-for-one
-1      8               pool one
0       5                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1
-2      4               pool two
0       1                       osd.0   up      1
1       1                       osd.1   up      1
2       1                       osd.2   up      1
3       1                       osd.3   up      1

My question is why only pool one's weight changed, but not pool two.

Thank you for your advice.

Edward