Re: [ceph-users] snapshot, clone and mount a VM-Image

Hi Sage,

block device level. We plan to implement an incremental backup function for the relative change between two snapshots (or a snapshot and the head). It's O(n) the size of the device vs the number of files, but should be more efficient for all but the most sparse of images. The implementation should be simple; the challenge is mostly around the incremental file format, probably. That doesn't help you now, but would be a relatively self-contained piece of functionality for someone to contribute to RBD. This isn't a top

I'm very interesting in having an incremental backup tool for Ceph, so if it is possible for me to do, I would like to take a shot at implementing it. It will be a spare time project, so I cannot say how fast it will progress though.

If you have any details on how you would like to see the implementation work, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
--
Jens Kristian Søgaard, Mermaid Consulting ApS,
jens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,