Offsite backup solutions used by ceph providers?

Hey,

since my initial mail (Concepts of whole cluster snapshots/backups and
backups in general) to discuss ideas, solution and implementations for
cluster backups didn't result in any discussion, I try to just get
some keywords from the bigger providers:

How do the bigger ceph providers (Dreamhost etc.) backup the whole
ceph cluster to an offsite location?
Or is it not done yet to keep snapshots of the data and keep one or
all of these snapshots offsite?

Thanks for any help

Cheers Michael