Re: OSD nodes with >=8 spinners, SSD-backed journals, and their performance impact

2013/1/14 Mark Nelson <mark.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The advice that I usually give people is that if performance is a big
> concern, try to match filestore disk and journal performance is nearly
> matched.  In my test setup, I use 1 intel 520 SSD to host 3 journals for
> 7200rpm enterprise SATA disks.  A 1:4 ratio or even 1:6 ratio may also work
> fine depending on various factors.  So far the limits I've hit with very
> minimal tuning seem to be around 15 spinning disks and 5 SSDs for around
> 1.4GB/s (2.8GB/s including journal writes) to one node.

Is this a ratio based on OSDs/SSDs or on OSDs/Server ?
For example, a server with 12 spinning disks plus 2 internal SSD should be used
for 12 OSDs. The first 6 will have journal on SSD1, the latest 6 will use SSD2.

In this case, ratio is 1:6, right?
Or are you referring to the whole server?