Re: Are there significant performance enhancements in 0.56.x to be expected soon or planned in the near future?

On 01/09/2013 01:51 PM, Lachfeld, Jutta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in expectation of better performance, we are just switching from CEPH version 0.48 to 0.56.1
> for comparisons between Hadoop with HDFS and Hadoop with CEPH FS.
>
> We are now wondering whether there are currently any development activities
> concerning further significant performance enhancements,
> or whether further significant performance enhancements are already planned for the near future.
>
> I would now be loath to start benchmarking with 0.56.1 and then, a month or so later, detect that there have been significant performance enhancements in CEPH in the meantime.

There shouldn't be any major changes since v0.56.x is a stable release and
as such should only receive bug-/securityfixes and non-risky improvements.
Any changes that would result in a significant change in performance would
probably be too disruptive for a stable release series.

Regards,
  Dennis