Are there significant performance enhancements in 0.56.x to be expected soon or planned in the near future?

Hi all,

in expectation of better performance, we are just switching from CEPH version 0.48 to 0.56.1
for comparisons between Hadoop with HDFS and Hadoop with CEPH FS.

We are now wondering whether there are currently any development activities
concerning further significant performance enhancements,
or whether further significant performance enhancements are already planned for the near future.

I would now be loath to start benchmarking with 0.56.1 and then, a month or so later, detect that there have been significant performance enhancements in CEPH in the meantime.

Regards,
Jutta.

-
jutta.lachfeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fujitsu Technology Solutions PBG PDG ES&S SWE SOL 4, "Infrastructure Solutions", MchD 5B, Tel. ..49-89-3222-2705, Company Details: http://de.ts.fujitsu.com/imprint