Re: ceph for small cluster?

Matt, Thanks for the comments.  A follow-up if I might (inline):

Matthew Roy wrote:
What I'm not doing that you'd need to test is running VMs on the same servers as storage. I'd be careful about mounting RBD volumes on the OSDs, you can run into kernel deadlock trying to write out things to physical disk when trying to write to the mounted volume. Mounts inside VMs should be okay.

I was thinking of running pinning one CPU to DomO and running the OSD from there, and mounting RBD volumes only in DomUs. And leaving a bit of disk space outside the OSD for booting and Dom0.

Which raises another question: how are you combining drives within each OSD (raid, lvm, ?).

Thanks again,

Miles