Re: Crush and Monitor questions

On 12/12/2012 07:02 PM, Bryant Ng wrote:
I guess my question was where is the crushmap (and osdmap) persisted on
the monitor node?

If the entire cluster goes down, I assume the monitor is reading the
crushmap from some persistent file stored on disk or a db?  Is that why
the minimum recommended storage for monitors is 10GB?  Is the crushmap
and osdmap stored in those 10GB?

-Bryant

The monitor maintains a 'store'. This is why you have to 'ceph-mon --mkfs' before you can run the monitor.

The monitor store needs to room to grow, given that the monitor will store pretty much every update to the osdmap, monmap, crushmap, keyring,...

Some of this info will also be pruned regularly though, but it's advised to keep enough space around.

Hope this clarifies things.

  -Joao

Joao Eduardo Luis wrote:
Hello Bryant,