stable ceph kernels

Quick update:

The latest set of fixes for known bugs in the ceph fs and rbd kernel
clients are now present in the stable 3.6.7 and 3.4.20 stable kernels
(available via kernel.org).

The 3.5.y series is being maintained by Canonical for another year or so
(it's used for 12.10 quantal), and bugfixes have been queued there as
well, but have not yet been released.

Moving forward, we intend to send all future fixes to 3.4 and later stable
kernels.  Suse has done some backporting work for kernel RBD to older
kernels, but we don't have a formal maintenance plan there yet.

Note that aside from the issue Nick reported last week (rbd map hang),
there aren't any known stability problems with the kernel rbd driver.  Or
cephfs, for that matter; known bugs there are related to clustered mds and
corner cases we haven't yet prioritized.  If you are seeing problems with
the kernel ceph client with these version, it is news to us; please let us
know!

Thanks-
sage