Re: Can't start ceph mon

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Dave (Bob) <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Do you have other monitors in working order? The easiest way to handle
>>it if that's the case is just to remove this monitor from the cluster
>>and add it back in as a new monitor with a fresh store. If not we can
>>look into reconstructing it.
>>-Greg
>

>>Also, if you still have it, could you zip up your monitor data
>>directory and put it somewhere accessible to us? (I can provide you a
>>drop point if necessary.) We'd like to look at the file layouts a bit
>>since we thought we were properly handling ENOSPC-style issues.
>>-Greg
>
> Greg,
>
> Thanks. I was running only one monitor, so I will need to try to reconstruct things.
>
> If you tell me exactly what to pack up and where to send it, I'll be only too pleased to receive your help...
>
> David

The monitor has a data directory somewhere on your filesystem. It's
configurable but by default is at /var/lib/ceph/mon/. If you can send
me the contents of that we ought to be able to 1) figure out how this
actually happened, and 2) turn it into something that works properly.
:)
Any logs you have (default: /var/log/ceph/mon*) would also be helpful.
-Greg