Re: rbd map command hangs for 15 minutes during system start up

I just realized I was mixing up this thread with the other deadlock
thread.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Nick Bartos wrote:
> Turns out we're having the 'rbd map' hang on startup again, after we
> started using the wip-3.5 patch set.  How critical is the
> libceph_protect_ceph_con_open_with_mutex commit?  That's the one I
> removed before which seemed to get rid of the problem (although I'm
> not completely sure if it completely got rid of it, at least seemed to
> happen much less often).
>
> It seems like we only started having this issue after we started
> patching the 3.5 ceph client (we started patching to try and get rid
> of a kernel oops, which the patches seem to have fixed).

Right.  That patch fixes a real bug.  It also seems pretty unlikely that
this patch is related to the startup hang.  The original log showed clock
drift on the monitor that could very easily cause this sort of hang.  Can
you confirm that that isn't the case with this recent instance of the
problem?  And/or attach a log?

Thanks-
sage