Re: less cores more iops / speed

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>So it is a problem of KVM which let's the processes jump between cores a
>>>lot.
>
> maybe numad from redhat can help ?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/numad
>
> It's try to keep process on same numa node and I think it's also doing some dynamic pinning.

Numad keeps only memory chunks on the preferred node, cpu pinning,
which is a primary goal there, should be done separately via libvirt
or manually for qemu process via cpuset(libvirt does pinning via
taskset and seems that it is broken at least in debian wheezy - even
affinity mask is set for qemu process, load spreads all over numa
node, including cpus outside the set).