Re: problems creating new ceph cluster when using journal on block device

>>> [osd]
>>>          osd journal size = 4000
>>

>> Not sure if this is the problem, but when using a block device you don't
>> have to specify the size for the journal.

So happy to know that, Wido!  I had hoped there was a way to skip that.

Tried without it -- only difference in the logs was seeing that it
picked up the full size of the partition.  So, same result.

> Also might be useful to know make/model of ssd, plus motherboard make/model
> (in case commenting out size does not fix)!

It's an Intel X25-E, 64GB.  It's a place-holder until some bigger ones
we have on order show up.

The mother board is a SuperMicro X8DT6.  SSDs are connected to onboard
SATA ports, data drives are connected to LSI 9211-8i (SAS2008)

Maybe there is a special way I need to do the partition?  My goal was
to throw 6 journals on this disk, and it is partitioned like so:

Model: ATA SSDSA2SH064G1GC (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 64.0GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system  Flags
 1      1049kB  512MB   511MB   primary                raid
 2      512MB   2511MB  2000MB  primary                raid
 3      2511MB  6512MB  4000MB  primary                raid
 4      6512MB  64.0GB  57.5GB  extended
 5      6513MB  15.1GB  8590MB  logical
 6      15.1GB  23.7GB  8590MB  logical
 7      23.7GB  32.3GB  8590MB  logical
 8      32.3GB  40.9GB  8590MB  logical
 9      40.9GB  49.5GB  8590MB  logical
10      49.5GB  58.1GB  8590MB  logical

So, sda5-10 are my journal partitions.  I know that I have consumed
most of the drive here, and that is bad for the SSD and such, but it
really is a temporary setup.

 - Travis