Re: poor performance

On 11/04/2012 03:58 AM, Aleksey Samarin wrote:
Hi all

Im planning use ceph for cloud storage.
My test setup is 2 servers connected via infiniband 40Gb, 6x2Tb disks per node.
Centos 6.2
Ceph 0.52 from http://ceph.com/rpms/el6/x86_64
This is my config http://pastebin.com/Pzxafnsm

One thing that may be problematic is that I don't think centos 6.2 has a new enough version of glibc to support syncfs (Assuming it's even backported in their kernel). You may want to try moving the mons off to another node, and reducing each node down to a single OSD/disk and test it out to see what happens. Also, we are starting to ship some tools Sam wrote to test underlying filestore performance. I think Gary has been working on getting some of those tools packaged up.

journal on tmpfs
well, im create bench pool and test it:
ceph osd pool create bench
rados -p bench bench 30 write

  Total time run:         43.258228
  Total writes made:      151
  Write size:             4194304
  Bandwidth (MB/sec):     13.963
  Stddev Bandwidth:       26.307
  Max bandwidth (MB/sec): 128
  Min bandwidth (MB/sec): 0
  Average Latency:        4.48605
  Stddev Latency:         8.17709
  Max latency:            29.7957
  Min latency:            0.039435

when i do rados -p bench bench 30 seq
  Total time run:        20.626935
  Total reads made:     275
  Read size:            4194304
  Bandwidth (MB/sec):    53.328
  Average Latency:       1.19754
  Max latency:           7.0215
  Min latency:           0.011647

I tested the single drive via dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/hdd2/testfile
bs=1024k count=20000
result:  158 MB/sec

Anyone can tell me why such a weak performance? Maybe I missed something?

All the best, Alex!