Re: Tracking hadoop-common for file system shim versioning

Noah and I talked about this a bit and the idea was not to push our code upstream, but rather to host a fork locally so that we could decide when to rev the version(s) we build against rather than just pulling trunk from Hadoop's repo. We'd still be building the one or two .jar files that users would have to configure Hadoop to find, but we'd have a full version of Hadoop in our repo for consistency and what not.

-Joe Buck