Re: Tracking hadoop-common for file system shim versioning

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Noah Watkins <jayhawk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Development of the Hadoop shim layer is best done in the Apache Hadoop
> Git repository, so we can track up-stream and build for all the
> different versions that exist. Is keeping a clone in Inktank Github
> something that is possible / desired?

Are we sure we want to maintain it in a fork of their repo? (I'm not
saying we don't, just curious.) QFS recently published support for
Hadoop and apparently they only need two JARs to support the things
that everybody is running now. Either way, see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-dev/201210.mbox/%3CCC946699.1C97B%25thilee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx%3E
and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8885 for the
discussion surrounding (not) sending that upstream and the
distribution strategy they ended up with.