Re: OSD::mkfs: couldn't mount FileStore: error -22

current/ is a btrfs subvolume.. 'btrfs sub delete current' will remove it.

Ah, that worked, thanks.  Unfortunately mkcephfs still fails with the same error.

The warning in the previous email suggets you're running a fairly old
kernel.. there is probably something handled incorrectly during the fs
init process.  Exactly which kernel are you running?

2.6.32 - apparently the latest in Debian stable. I figured this was workable since ceph.com offers packages for Debian stable.

In any case, btrfs isn't going to work particularly well on something that
old; I suggest running something newer (3.5 or 3.6) or switching to XFS.

Ok fair enough. I'll have to see how practical it is to get a more recent kernel going, otherwise I'll go down the XFS route.

Thanks again,
Adam.