Client Location

Hi There

I have a simple test cluster spread across 2 datacenters setup as follows

DC1:
mon.w
mon.x
mds.w
mds.x
osd1

DC2:
mon.e
mds.e
osd2

Each DC has a hypervisor(Proxmox running qemu 1.1.1) which can connect to the cluster fine. I think I have the crush map setup to replicate between the datacenters but when I run a VM with a disk on the cluster the hv's connect to the OSD's in the other datacenter. Is there a way to tell qemu that it is DC1 or DC2 and to prefer those osd's?

Thanks.
James

# begin crush map

# devices
device 0 osd.0
device 1 osd.1

# types
type 0 osd
type 1 host
type 2 rack
type 3 row
type 4 room
type 5 datacenter
type 6 pool

# buckets
host ceph-test-dc1-osd1 {
id -2 # do not change unnecessarily
# weight 1.000
alg straw
hash 0 # rjenkins1
item osd.0 weight 1.000
}
host ceph-test-dc2-osd1 {
id -4 # do not change unnecessarily
# weight 1.000
alg straw
hash 0 # rjenkins1
item osd.1 weight 1.000
}
rack dc1-rack1 {
id -3 # do not change unnecessarily
# weight 2.000
alg straw
hash 0 # rjenkins1
item ceph-test-dc1-osd1 weight 1.000
}

rack dc2-rack1 {
id -5
alg straw
hash 0
item ceph-test-dc2-osd1 weight 1.000
}

datacenter dc1 {
id -6
alg straw
hash 0
item dc1-rack1 weight 1.000
}

datacenter dc2 {
id -7
alg straw
hash 0
item dc2-rack1 weight 1.000
}

pool proxmox {
id -1 # do not change unnecessarily
# weight 2.000
alg straw
hash 0 # rjenkins1
item dc1 weight 2.000
item dc2 weight 2.000
}

# rules
rule proxmox {
ruleset 0
type replicated
min_size 1
max_size 10
step take default
step chooseleaf firstn 0 type datacenter

step emit
}

# end crush map