Re: enabling cephx by default

On 18-09-12 15:54, Andrey Korolyov wrote:
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Andrey Korolyov <andrey@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Guido Winkelmann
<guido-ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 11. September 2012, 17:25:49 schrieben Sie:
The next stable release will have cephx authentication enabled by default.

Hm, that could be a problem for me. I have tried multiple times to get cephx
working in the past, without lasting success. (I cannot recall at the moment
what the problem was the last time around, but it was probably qemu/libvirt.)

BTW, libvirt 0.10.x has a broken cephx support somehow. It forms same
string for -drive as 0.9x(at least in a log) but failing to pass
authentication same moment.

Please nevermind, I have build incorrect regex for log parsing previously.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2012-September/msg00082.html

Hmmm, did I break that? With this commit: http://www.libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=ccb94785007d33365d49dd566e194eb0a022148d

The full code can be found here: http://www.libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=src/qemu/qemu_command.c;h=94b2919f52d52c14e364aac44fe130e9dbaf97ae;hb=ccb94785007d33365d49dd566e194eb0a022148d#l1733

The commit above only adds a else statement where it adds auth_supported=none when disk->username was not set.

Wido

IMHO, the documentation badly needs a high-level overview for cephx (or maybe
I just haven't found it yet); what it does, what dangers it protects you from
and how it achieves that.

         Guido