Re: How are you using Ceph?

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Smart Weblications GmbH - Florian
Wiessner <f.wiessner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i use ceph to provide storage via rbd for our virtualization cluster delivering
> KVM based high availability Virtual Machines to my customers. I also use it
> as rbd device with ocfs2 on top of it for a 4 node webserver cluster as shared
> storage - i do this, because unfortunatelly cephfs is not ready yet ;)

Hi Florian;

When you say "cephfs is not ready yet", what parts about it are not
ready? There are vague rumblings about that in general, but I'd love
to see specific issues. I understand multiple *active* mds's are not
supported, but what other issues are you aware of?

And if there's a page documenting this already, I apologize...and
would appreciate a link :)

t.