Re: How to use ruleset

On 09/17/2012 11:42 AM, hemant surale wrote:
Hi Community,

          I have read the documentation to know crush map as well as
inserting new crushmap, But I have qn that even after writing own rule
for data placement how we can apply it for data placement? in short
how to utilize newly specified rule when new data insertion is
executed.

Every rule has a "ruleset" ID which is an integer, like:

rule data {
        ruleset 0
}

Every pool has an attribute called "crush_ruleset 0".

So if you change the ruleset in the crushmap it will re-distribute all the data according to the new rule. New data will be placed according to this new ruleset.

If you created a NEW ruleset you should create a new pool like this:

$ rados mkpool mynewpool 0 4

See --help for more information.

This should however get you going.

Wido

         Currently I am using "rados -p <poolname> put/get Objname
filename" cmd to put/get data into ceph.

Thanks for helping me out till now.

Regards,
Hemant Surale.